Thursday, September 13, 2007

FEATURING 5








1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself ?

Leslie:   
I am a Fashion-Celebrity-Advertising photographer, currently based in TokyO.  Started my career in 1998. Go check my website:  LESLIE KEE WEBSITE


2. U are born in Singapore but grew up in Tokyo (Japan). What are the differences working in Japan and New York ?

Leslie:    
Working in Tokyo -  Trust, Hardwork and Teamwork... Working in Tokyo  -  Identity, Sense and Quality


3. Working on two totally different continents, what impact has it contributed to your work ?

Leslie:   
To me, they are much the same,  as I always work in my own style, and regardless of the country, language and category of projects,  I always make sure that all my crews and subjects enjoy the photo session for the day.   Therefore - to me, is not about where I am,  but it's more about knowing who I am and what I want to do.


4. You are currently working on a project called “Superstars”, could you please tell us a little bit more about it ?

Leslie:  
This book, which took me 2 years to complete, is a collaboration of 300 Asian artists, dedicating their love to the victims of the Asian Tsunami Disaster which took place in 2004 December 26. The profit of the book, will be donated to the World Vision Organisation, which will then contribute to the children and elders who suffered from the tragedy. The book itself is 640 pages,  all printed in full color. SuperStars photobook is available at    www.katoonbaby.com 

CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE!




5. Where does your inspiration come from, and who’s your 
role model (if you have one) ?

Leslie:    
My role model,  for photographer is  Richard Avedon and Bruce Weber. As for an aritst,  is my most favourite singer songwriter  -  Yumi Matsutoya.

CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE!


6. Working with Celebrities / Actors / Models etc. Does that have any impact on you, and what kind of impact ?

Leslie: 
Of course, lots of impact and inspiration.   I always learn more after shooting with great artist. Too much to mention,  for instance,  just to name a few : Beyonce,  Cindy Crawford,  Marcus Schenkenberg,  Devon Aoki,  Zhang Zi Yi,  Ne-Yo,  Sarah Jessica Parker -  these few mentioned artists are super professional in front of the camera.  They totally give me full concentration in expressing their emotion, and most of all, they all enjoyed being photographed. Their belief in my direction - has built up my confidence and belief for my works as well.




7 What is that you love about Fashion/Photography ?

Leslie:     
The Freedom of Art,  and the Expression of Life  !

8. How many photo-shoots are you doing in a month about ?

Leslie:    
Minimun 15 photo sessions per month,  maximun can be 40 photo sessions !

9. What’s your favorite place you would like to see more of ?

Leslie:  
I have been to almost every part of Asia, but would love to explore more again in Nepal and India. Recently I got the chance to shoot a big photobook, called HEAVEN - Leah Dizon  in Kenya, Africa.  Hope to return to Kenya, in near future, not for work, but to explore further and enjoy the nature.

CLICK PHOTO TO ENLARGE !


10. What would you like to wish, for the next year 2008 ?

Leslie:
2008 will be the 10th year of my career.   My wish every year is always the same. May there be lots of love and peace, good health and good life,  for myself, and all my beloved !

11. Having worked and now featured on the blog of “UNIVERSAL PLAYER” what was your experience from it ?

Leslie:      
ASIA IS ONE,  I want to support Patrick as much as I can,  because I totally believe in his vision !

WEBSITE:  LESLIE KEE WEBSITE

Thanks once again Leslie for letting me feature you on the UNIVERSAL PLAYER.
Its been great working and getting to know you indeed.. Looking forward to see you again soon.

Best wishes and let your happiness & success continue for many more years to come ;)

Cheers,
UNIVERSAL PLAYER